Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thankgiving in Los Angeles

(no photos available)
We are all in LA for Thanksgiving enjoying Aunt Vicki's gourmet meals
and Elyssa's made-to-order cocktails. Of course everyone is enjoying
Audrey's smiles and gagas.

Yesterday we were able to get together with some college friends, Titi
and Kristen. We walked around Hollywood and the Hollywood Forever
cemetery. Then we headed to downtown where we attempted to go to the
public library, but it was closed for the holiday. We walked around
downtown visiting a coffee shop with pirate chai (mmm) and walking up
to Bunker Hill.

I almost lost my wallet in Hollywood which would have been the worst
place I ever lost my wallet since I need my ID to fly home on Sunday.
Much worse than last month's loss of wallet at the Denver Zoo. But
thankfully Kristen found it in the gutter on the side of the Santa
Monica Blvd just outside the entrance to the Hollywood Forever
cemetery. I must have left it on the roof of the car when we were
leaving. And there it lay, a bit dusty but intact proving once again
that if karma exists I must have stores of the good kind!

Today we are going to Cici's for breakfast, and afterwards we are
going to Venice Beach where all the brawny boys hang out.

Although I am having a good time here I feel bummed that I am missing
the pumpkin canning at Maggie's. I hope it goes well and the never-
been- callibrated pressure canner works.

No knitting news. I left my projects at home.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: